I love to ride bikes and I really enjoy sharing that passion with others through coaching. Whether its helping a beginning rider get set up on their bike correctly and learn the core skills to clear small obstacles, corner confidently and safely ride the dirt; or advising an experienced rider on race strategy, training schedules, nutrition, and squeaking more speed out of the bike. If you're looking to improve your MTB experience I would love to work with you and come up with the best plan, clinic or skills session to fit your needs.
I don't have a "menu" of services because I don't want to limit you to certain criteria. I'll be as creative and flexible as I can, both with curriculum and price so that it will work for both parties. But here are some of the things I'm thinking of:
- Skill building sessions. Either 1 on 1 or small groups.
- Get to know your bike: Proper fit and equipment check. How to maintain it yourself. Learn suspension basics and how to tune for the trail and get the most out of your bike.
- Skill drills to focus on your weaknesses and/or fears.
- Body position and pedaling technique.
- Trail ride tailored to your ability and coaching need.
- Breaking into racing (your buddies in group rides or with a number plate on)
- Understanding categories, race formats and structure, and what to expect. Where do you fall in?
- Pre-race and in-race fueling advice
- Basic training schedule advice
- Race strategy
- Picking the right bike for the course, and setting it up to get the most speed.
- Trail ride with coaching specific to your skill and need. How to pick the right line, passing, etc.
- Advanced training and/or racing plans
- Tailored specific to your needs. Whether that's to loose weight and have a sustainable active lifestyle or to get the most out of your available time with a customized training schedule and racing plan.
Those are just some ideas of how I can help you become a better rider. But I've never limited myself in the past, so there's no reason I'm limiting myself by this list. If there's something you want to work on that I haven't posted here please ask!
I am not a professionally certified coach or nutritionist. All of my coaching is based on my experience and educated opinion as a professional mountain bike racer and all the research and training that has gotten me where I am today.
If you're interested please contact me via email through the "Contact Me" link on the right of this page. Let me know what your interests and needs are and we'll figure out a customized plan and price to suit them.
I believe there is only one person I cannot coach, and that is my wife Jen. :-)